Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, our main weekly church meeting continues to be online via our YouTube channel All Saints Riseley for joint services with our sister church St Mary's Bletsoe.
However, from Sunday 6th September, an additional service will take place at All Saints Riseley each Sunday at 10am for those who would like to meet in the building for a simple spoken morning service.
For the time being, this service will look a little different to what we are used to and so we have prepared some simple instructions to follow to help us understand what to expect and to ensure that we are keeping people as safe as possible in line with the guidelines issued by the government and Church of England. Please read them carefully.
1) If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to church, but rather watch the service online at home or follow the paper copy which will continue to be distributed to those not online.
2) Parking is available in the church field or on Church Lane as per usual.
3) The doors to the church will be open from 9:45am.
4) As you approach the church building, please keep a safe social distance from people from other households, and please be patient as you wait to come in – we will not start until everybody is safely seated!
5) Please place your face mask on your face before entering the church building and keep this on for the duration of your visit (there will be some spares at church in case you forget).
6) Please sanitise your hands on entry to the building (a hand sanitising station is available just inside the door), and give your contact details to the person by the door compiling the register for test and trace purposes.
7) Please follow the instructions issued by the welcome team as to where to sit (this may be different to your usual seat) - please keep a minimum of 3 empty seats between separate households.
8) Please remain seated during the service unless otherwise instructed.
9) At the end of the service please remain seated until you are invited to leave (this to avoid a bottleneck at the exit). When you leave, please make sure that you take all your belongings with you.
• Please bring a Bible with you – there will not be any available at church.
• Sadly, there will not be any singing during the service.
• There will not be any refreshments served after the service and we ask that you wait until you are outside of the building in the churchyard before engaging in conversations with others.
• The toilet will be available to use.
Once again, we’re sorry that this might all sound like a far cry from what we are used to and what we might like, but we hope you understand that we need to follow the guidelines that have been issued as we look to keep people safe. Hopefully, it will not be too long until conditions start to improve, and things can start to look a little more familiar.
There are many ways that we are continuing to stay in touch with each other, but one method of communication is a bi-weekly email sent out by the Vicar on Tuesdays and Saturdays, with news, information, spiritual reflections and details of services and what's going on. Please contact us to receive this email by emailing the Vicar.
Our facebook page All Saints Church Riseley also contains details of how to join others online for prayer, worship and community life.
Our Vicar, Revd James Isaacs can be contacted by telephoning 01234 708234 or by email.
We will keep this page updated with further information as the situation evolves and the guidelines change.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”