We have really enjoyed being back in the building for services over the last few months and we really appreciate your support as we have learnt to do things a little differently for the time being.
As ever, the principles behind all that we do are based on following the example of Christ, who modelled a perfect love for God and love for neighbour and are summarised really helpfully by these verses from 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1:
“So… whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God – even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved. Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.”
In light of this and following the latest government advice and guidance from the Church of England, during the Autumn months we will continue to meet together in the following ways:
1) Service times will continue to be 9am at St Mary’s Bletsoe and 10:30am at All Saints Riseley.
2) There is no longer any need to let us know about your intentions to attend or not attend services.
3) On entry, people have the option of signing in by using the QR code via the NHS app. Hand sanitizing gel will continue to be available on the door.
4) We will continue to seat people and observe social distancing inside the building and we will keep the doors of the church open.
5) We are going to continue to ask people to wear facemasks whilst inside the building, unless you are exempt. We have spare ones on the door for those who forget theirs.
6) The prayers, reading and sermon are going to continue to be livestreamed via our YouTube Channel and will be available to catch up on later for those who are not able to be with us in person.
7) We will be singing God's praises together throughout our services (whilst wearing masks), led by the All Saints band.
8) Bibles will be available in chairs and pews for use.
9) We are going to continue to encourage people to head outside straight after the service to talk to friends and mingle with the church family.
10) Children of all ages will join with the rest of the church family from the start of the service sitting with their families. When not an All-Age Service:
- Half-way through the service children aged 3-11 will be invited to head down to the Vicarage with their leaders for a special children’s group. In good weather this will take place outside in the Vicarage Garden – in bad weather this will move inside to the Vicarage Extension. Parents will then need to collect their children from the Vicarage at the end of the service.
- There will also be a special group for those aged under 3 which will take place in the Church Room, and at which a parent is welcome to either stay with their child or head back into the service.
11) When the weather allows, we will serve refreshments for people to enjoy outside in the churchyard and we will continue to encourage people to head there straight after the end of the service to chat to friends old and new.
We will continue to review how our Sunday services run and welcome any feedback that people may have!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Rector or our Church Wardens if you have any further questions and please keep praying for our gatherings over the coming weeks and for wisdom as we look further ahead.