Summer at All Saints
Following the latest stage of the government’s roadmap to coming out of lockdown we are pleased to share how we plan to proceed at All Saints Riseley over the coming weeks.
1) Service times will continue to be 9am at St Mary’s Bletsoe and 10am at All Saints Riseley.
2) There is no longer any need to let us know about your intentions to attend or not attend services.
3) On entry, people will be encouraged to sign in, either by confirming your phone number or by using the QR code via the NHS app. Hand sanitizing gel will continue to be available on the door.
4) We will continue to seat people and observe the 2m rule until the NHS Track and Trace app is amended, and we will keep the doors of the church open. (Whilst legal restrictions have ended, the NHS app remains in place and we are conscious that being ‘pinged’ might be costly for people hoping to head away on holiday or who are working or who have other commitments).
5) We are going to continue to ask people to wear facemasks whilst inside the building, unless you are exempt.
6) The service is going to be continued to be livestreamed via our YouTube Channel for those who wish to join the service from home.
7) Singing will now be both permitted and encouraged (behind masks), and we’re delighted that from this Sunday (25/07/21), the band are ‘formally back together’ and will be leading us in our worship.
8) Due to technical issues surrounding live streaming the band and the quality of sound, we will sing at the start and end of the service, so as not to impinge upon the quality of the live stream broadcast.
9) Bibles will be available in chairs and pews for use.
10) We are going to continue to encourage people to head outside straight after the service to talk to friends and mingle with the church family.
11) Children will be joining the rest of the church family in the church building from next week as the first 4 Sundays of August will be all-age services and there will not be any groups meeting at the Vicarage Garden after this coming weekend.
12) We will not be serving refreshments just yet, but of course if you want to bring your own and consume after the service outside, that is not a problem.
Our hope is that from the beginning of September, we will be in a position to make significant further positive changes moving forward and so please watch this space!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Rector or our Church Wardens if you have any further questions and please keep praying for our gatherings over the coming weeks and for wisdom as we look further ahead.