September at All Saints
We have really enjoyed being back in the building for services for the last couple of months and we really appreciate your support as we have learnt to do things a little differently for the time being.
Following the latest stage of the government’s roadmap to coming out of lockdown we are pleased to share how we plan to proceed at All Saints Riseley over the coming weeks until the end of August.
1) Service times will continue to be 9am at St Mary’s Bletsoe and 10:30am at All Saints Riseley.
2) There is no longer any need to let us know about your intentions to attend or not attend services.
3) On entry, people have the option of signing in by using the QR code via the NHS app. Hand sanitizing gel will continue to be available on the door.
4) We will continue to seat people and observe social distancing inside the building and we will keep the doors of the church open.
5) We are going to continue to ask people to wear facemasks whilst inside the building, unless you are exempt. We have spare ones on the door for those who forget theirs.
6) The prayers, reading and sermon are going to continue to be livestreamed via our YouTube Channel and will be available to catch up on later for those who are not able to be with us in person.
7) We will be singing God's praises together throughout our services (whilst wearing masks), led by the All Saints band.
8) Bibles will be available in chairs and pews for use.
9) We are going to continue to encourage people to head outside straight after the service to talk to friends and mingle with the church family.
10) Children of all ages will join with the rest of the church family from the start of the service sitting with their families. When not an All-Age Service:
- Half-way through the service children aged 3-11 will be invited to head down to the Vicarage with their leaders for a special children’s group. In good weather this will take place outside in the Vicarage Garden – in bad weather this will move inside to the Vicarage Extension. Parents will then need to collect their children from the Vicarage at the end of the service.
- There will also be a special group for those aged under 3 which will take place in the Church Room, and at which a parent is welcome to either stay with their child or head back into the service.
11) We plan to serve refreshments from Sunday 26th September, but of course if you want to bring your own until then and consume after the service outside, that is not a problem.
We will continue to review how our Sunday services run and welcome any feedback that people may have!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Rector or our Church Wardens if you have any further questions and please keep praying for our gatherings over the coming weeks and for wisdom as we look further ahead.